Sunday, April 19, 2009

Monthly Gig @ Slippery Rock University

Last night I made the trek up to Slippery Rock, PA for my monthly gig at Ginger Hill.  Slippery Rock is about an hour north of Pittsburgh and Slippery Rock University is located there.  There's not much going on in this small town but my gigs there are always insane.  These kids come ready to party.  Ginger Hill is one of the only bars in town so that ensures that it's gonna be extra crunk every time up I'm there.  Slippery Rock was also a 'dry' town until just a few years ago so it's still a baby as far as nightlife goes.  G-Hill has it on lock though.  Big shouts to my main man Brian (2nd pic below w/ me) for getting me involved and for really making an impact on the party scene up there.  Also, shouts to Matt the owner and to DJ Grant for holding it down locally.

My homies Aaron from shop412, Dave (my graphic designer) and John (one of my best friends for over 15 years) all came up with me to get their party on.  It was my last gig for the semester so it was extra dope.  Kids were buggin' out from 10pm till 2am.  Looking forward to these kids getting back from summer break soon so we can continue the tradition.  This is definitely one of the party's I look forward to every month.  Also wanted to give shouts to all my SRU seniors who are moving on to bigger and better things.  Look me up if you make your way into the big city.  My pops actually graduated from SRU in the 60's as well which is an interesting tidbit I figured I'd throw in there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment