Thursday, July 9, 2009

UCFC MMA @ The Mellon Arena 6-27-09



This event was crazy.  5,000 screaming mixed martial arts fans made the trip out to Mellon Arena to see some of the country's top up and coming fighters square up.  I got to play the introduction music and rocked the show in between bouts for the entire night.  When was the last time you heard me play Pantera, Deftones and Rage in the same night?  It was a nice change of pace from my normal DJ sets.  Big shout out to the Holtzman's for putting me on and everyone who came out.  Also big shout to my older brother Justin for hipping me to good hard rock and metal when I was a kid!  Look out for more UCFC shows in Pittsburgh soon.


The new arena is being built across the street right now.  I'm amazed how fast they put these structures up..





They gave me two different headsets to wear plus I had my headphones around my neck for when I had to mix.  Let's just say it wasn't the easiest thing to do.  I had the producer, soundguy, lighting guy and the promoters in my ears all night!







No comments:

Post a Comment