Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kevin's Surprise 30th in Brooklyn



I got a call from my friend Anna a few months ago and she told me she was planning a surprise 30th birthday party for her fiance Kevin in Brooklyn. Kevin is one of my best friends. We were introduced in college by a mutual friend. Before I get into our recent b-day trip, here's a little back story on how I met Kev. First, let me point out that we both went to a performing arts school where the majority of the students were females and the small amount of male students that did attend school there were gay. Not a big deal but after a few weeks I realized how much I missed my friends from home and I hadn't really met anyone that I had anything in common with. That being said, when my friend Marissa told me I had to meet Kevin I was skeptical. Kevin and his roommate Charles (also a good friend to this day) were having a party in their dorm room one night and Marissa dragged me along. I was pleasantly surprised to walk in and see nothing but Wu-Tang Clan posters hanging from the walls, empty beer cans on the floor and Kevin doing a "wine box stand" (think a keg stand with a $10 box of wine). Now that's college!

Kevin was later introduced to my crew of friends and I his, and a year or so later we were living together in downtown Pittsburgh having the craziest summer of our lives. We lived together for the next 4 years or so until Kevin and Anna moved to Brooklyn to pursue their respective careers. They are both doing great and although I only get to see them a few times a year, its always a blast. I brought a carload of friends up from the Burgh to surprise Kevin and it was awesome. Special thanks to Anna for not forgetting about us :)

Just a few weeks ago, Kevin came back to Pittsburgh for an entire month to work on the new Batman film so we've all been kicking it on his days off.
















No comments:

Post a Comment